Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Winterizing the garden

As some of you may know, I recently parted ways with my employer and have struck out on my own. It's been really nice from a time perspective, now I have all day to work on the house! (ok, well that and find a new job, but let's be sure we get our priorities straight here). So far I've organized the pantry (who knew we had salad dressing from 2010?), gotten the laundry in order, and been busy getting the garden ready for winter.

If you remember, Matt very nicely cut down all the posts so that they were all the right height. And then I've been spending my afternoons applying the same waterseal that we used on the swing. It doesn't make for a before and after with much wow factor:


Little bit richer color, much better water resistance :). You can also see that I pulled out all the vegetation to prep for next year. We also have plans to mulch the leaves in the yard and add them onto the beds to help replenish the soil, but haven't quite gotten there yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment