Sunday, September 16, 2012

Can you spot the change?

So I know I posted an almost identical picture this morning, but can you spot the difference?





I'll give you a hint...





If you guessed new closet door, you're a post behind. But if you said new knob and deadlock on the door to the basement (the one with the glass panes), you'd be very correct my friend. It was a hard fought 45 minutes at Home Depot to get that lock keyed to match our current keys, but now everything matches, and that is weirdly satisfying. Its sort of reminds me of the feeling I had when I realized I'd rather get socks and underwear than toys for Christmas... strangely adult and maybe just a touch lame, but rewarding nonetheless.

And speaking of knobs, while Matt was doing that I finally got around to putting on some of the knobs for the kitchen cabinets!

I had the tape measure, a ruler and two different levels going and they are as level and square as can reasonably be expected for not exactly straight or square cabinets.I still have a couple drawers to do, as well as the pantry, but I'm pretty pleased with how it is all coming together.

Oh, and Leroy inspected and approves

No comments:

Post a Comment