Saturday, February 2, 2013

backsplash progress

Tonight, I finally got around to prepping the backsplash. Been thinking about it for a long time, but tonight, I finally put mud to wall and got cracking. Of course, first I had to protect our very special butcher block with some aluminum foil and paper, and move everything out of the corners and off the counter.




 It took a couple hours, and a good bit of mud, but I finally worked my way all the way around the kitchen. Not having done this before, I'm not totally sure if I did it right, but there is tile scheduled to go up over it, so it doesn't really have to be pretty, just holeless and smooth.









Tomorrow, we'll go back and sand it down. Make it all smooth and pretty-like.

While I was doing that, Matt did some work on the Subaru, which is leaking anti-freeze, shoveled the drive (we got another 3-5 last night), and did some more vacuuming up in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment