Sunday, May 5, 2013

Busy weekend

Well, we were very busy this weekend, Matthew even more than me because I took a quick jaunt to chicago to celebrate Kate's birthday with her and Nate. While I was gone, Matt was very busy. Friday night he finished mudding and taping the master bedroom.


Then, on Saturday, while I was shopping with Kate, Matt and Mark replaced the toilet upstairs so it never overflows on us again

And here's what it looked like underneath. The floor wasn't super strong (especially next to the metal flange) and of course, the floor isn't level.


So, Matt and Mark made a peanut (it mimics the shape of the toilet) out of OSB to add some support. Since this added a little extra height, they had to get a thicker wax ring, but once that was in place they were good to go. 


And there it is, our new commode. Pretty, right? Not only that, because it is a low flow 1.28 gallons we get a 50 dollar rebate from the village of Oregon. And, it flushes better than the last 5 gallon guzzler. Isn't progress great?


Then, on Sunday we decided to start tackling the garden. I think I'll do a separate post for that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment