Thursday, March 3, 2016

Demo weekend - Front entry way

Oh boy, this is a big one. I'm super excited about this. I'm not huge on bi-level houses but this one in particular made me want to turn around as soon as we walked in the door. First there's the giant, buttend of the wall just as you walk in, and the completely sick-making faux brick linoleum.
 Add in the bars up at the top of the wall, the faux crystal chandelier, and the lack of light from all those walls covered in vinyl wall paper and you've got a very ugly, unwelcoming entry way.


So it all had to go, starting with the unnecessary wall in the entry way:




And then moving on to the wall in the living room:



You can already see how much more light is getting through. We have big plans for the railing and this wall, plus a new light and, if I get my way, a new front door. I mean, seriously, look at this barn door... so not our style:


Now I just have to convince Matt... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment