Sunday, April 7, 2013

As promised

Second post of the day!

We also had a productive day today. We spent the morning talking gardening with a  few of our friends (and had an amazing homemade breakfast thanks to them). We learned a ton about where to put the garden, how deep to dig, what kind of soil, how to arrange the beds and how to build a fence that will keep out the pesky rabbits and what an herb helix is (a space saving, synergistic way to plant herbs, basically)


 We're planning a 20ft x 20ft plot out by the tree house, starting where the stump from the old apple tree is and extending into the yard.


I'm pretty stoked about it, especially since my seedlings look like this now:


I mean, just look at that squash, its huge! I'm pretty sure it'll need to be replanted in the next day or two to keep it from getting root bound.

In addition to this, I did a little decorating. See, we've had this clock for some time now


 And the main reason it was up there was to hide this:



See, at one point, this outlet high up on the wall would have been a cutting edge way to hang a clock that would never die. Unfortunately, not only did our clock run on batteries, but it was really cheap. And even though we tried to coax it out of its shell with numerous rounds of new batteries, it was pretty content to rest its laurels on 10:45. They say even stopped clock is right even twice a day, but Matt and I have higher standards. I figured that since we have a clock on the microwave and another on the oven, maybe we could let this one go and replace it with this lovely print my parents gave me for my birthday a couple years ago.


See, we're decorating, just very very slowly...

Leroy also had a pretty rough weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment