Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My name isn't Mary

and I'm pretty sure I'm not contrary, but I hope my garden grows!

Ok, so, that's sort of a lame intro but sometimes my brain works in lame ways. In any case, I officially started my garden last night!


We bought a kit on amazon that has 72 wells, a tray to hold excess water, a lid to keep in the moisture and a little heating pad to keep the baby plants all warm and happy. Then we bought soil and home depot and all I had to do was put everything together.

First I filled the wells


And then I wet them. (Side note, next time I think I would wet the soil, then fill the wells. It tended to want to float and then I had to add more because the water also compressed it. Took a couple iterations, but I got there)

Then I poked some holes and added seeds


The final step was to set it up in a sunny spot. (Matt even set up a desk lamp later to make sure they get enough sun :) )


No visible growth yet, but we're waiting on pins and needles over here

In other news Matt has been in the garage for two days straight taking it from this:

To this:


No more arch debris and, bonus (!) we can get the cars back in it. It looks amazing and now we are all reset and ready to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment