Sunday, April 7, 2013

I might have to make two posts

Cause we got stuff done this weekend!

So, we'll start with yesterday and see how far we get before I need a break :)

First, the paper towels. We had a paper towel holder, but when we took down the backsplash, it came down. And to be honest, it wasn't that great anyway. It was plastic and silver and didn't really match anything. So, I got us a new one from amazon, but there's a slight hitch. The screws it came with are a little too long for where we want to mount it under the cabinets. And since it doesn't seem like a great idea to have screws sticking up where we put our plats, Matt hatched a plan.


He cut a board to just the right size and mounted it under the cabinet. It was actually way harder than it looks since its pretty awkward to drill up under a cabinet. Next we need to paint it white and then we can mount the holder.

 While Matt was doing that, I put up hooks in the closet to give us just a little more utility. Forgot to take a before picture, but just picture it without the hooks...


Then, later that night, Mark came over and while I was working on thank your cards (yes, finally) and picking up, the boys went to town on the basement. See, Matt got an idea a little while ago that it would be pretty awesome if when you walked down into the basement you could turn on all the lights at once instead of fumbling around in the dark looking for pull switches. I immediately jumped on the bandwagon because, I have to be honest, sometimes when I go down into the basement I get an irrational fear that a monster is going to eat me before I turn on the lights.  And while I do love that little shot of adrenaline every time I got to store something, I think I'd rather save myself the trouble.

I have to say, they really outdid themselves. Not only did they work till 1am, but they got everything done. So now this little switch


Makes all these lights go on\

The front room


 The crawlspace


And the far less creepy and much better lit, killing room


They put a new breaker in the box and ran a lot of new wire to make it happen, but I had to go to the basement today, and I have to say, it was awesome. 



Ok, I think today will have to be another post... see you in just a few!



1 comment:

  1. You should replace that final picture with the one that has the cords properly tacked up....just so people don't think we're negligent electricians! :)

    ReplyDelete