Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's ALIIIVE!

WAAAAAHAHHAHAHA!


You might be thinking, jeez, Abbey is cracking up a bit. And probably that's true. But given the fact that what seeds do is grow into plants, I'm more surprised that I feel I should admit that my seeds have started to sprout. So far the only thing that hasn't come up is the pepper and tomato and that big guy in the front is "squash". The package wasn't any more descriptive than that so I guess we'll have wait to eat one to figure out what kind it actually is.

In other news, I don't know if any of you knew this, but Matt and I have a love plant. That's right, back in our early days, prior to obtaining the big furball, we decided we'd get a plant, as a starter of sorts. It was, of course, blooming like crazy when we got it and then like all good flowering plants promptly decided when its flowers died it would just give up on being pretty. But we kept it, and loved it, and when we got Sir Leroy I had to take it to work because it turns out it is poisonous to cats. Long story short, although it's been super healthy, it's never bloomed again in the 3+ years we've had it.

And then, we got married. And I went back to work and noticed some different growth. Which turned into, that's right, a flower.


I can hear you, and you aren't saying "AWWWWW" nearly loud or long enough :)


No comments:

Post a Comment