Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Unpacking and re-venting

The bedroom has been sorely in need of some attention. It still had a number of boxes with odds and ends in them and some unslightly plastic containers that I figured we could do without:

Also, you might notice our table was still in plastic wrap, which isn't really the look we are going for. So I unpacked and rearranged until I ended up with this:

Ah, much better (besides the unmade bed, but pretend you don't see that). Now the problem, of course, is that every time I organize a room, I find things in it that don't belong. So I put them in other rooms. Which might have been previously organized, but are now slightly less organized because I'm putting more stuff in them. It seems to be a never ending circle, but I'm hoping we'll get through eventually. For example, the bathroom closet, which was so nice and neat previously:


Now looks like this:


Ah well, I'll just have to do my best not to get dizzy.

And speaking of going back around, Matt replaced the dryer vent again this evening. He and Joe attempted it a couple nights ago (the previous version was a paper thing, very flimsy version of what we now have), but had some trouble with the connections. The second try worked like a charm though:

Thanks to Cori (and Joe the first time around) for the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment