Thursday, August 23, 2012

yes...we...are...still...painting

And I have the white splotches on my to prove it. Or had, until I showered. In any case, we are sooooo close to done painting the kitchen (ok, not really since when we put up all the doors we will need to repaint the walls, but sometimes delusion is the best way to keep going). Last night I spent a couple hours putting the first coat of paint on the kitchen cabinet doors. I don't have a before because, well, primer is white and the doors are white, but I do have this super stunning visual for you:


Yep, there they are, in all their snow white glory. They still need another coat, but we are getting close.

AND, in other news, our knob and handle samples all came in and we decided to go with oval knobs for the cabinet doors, pulls for the drawers, and handles for the cupboard doors (the yellow ones). James kindly arranged them thusly:



We are going with the bigger of the two knob sizes, but the one-eyed smiley just wasn't as charming. I've already ordered them and hopefully they should be arriving pronto so we can actually open our doors once we get them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment