Sunday, July 22, 2012

Abbey-fail

So while Matt was painting the cabinet faces, he noticed some novice work of mine on the side of the oven. And by novice, I mean painting novice, which would be me at about three weeks ago.

In any case, what I did was try to tape a straight line that someone could paint next to our oven. If you've been to our place, you know that the oven is deeply wedged against the peninsula and really can only be pushed back so far. So I did my best, taped my little heart out, and if you look at it with the door closed, I think I did a pretty good job:
You can still see that it was originally wood, but really, that line is pretty straight (not to mention, I spent quite a bit of time and energy on achieving that straight line, give a girl some credit). However, a smarter painter (Matt) would have done something much more clever and, get ready, OPENED THE DOOR! Genius, I know, that's why he's the best.

 Am I an idiot? Maybe. yes.... At least we had a good laugh about it.

2 comments:

  1. The most intelligent of moves would be to pull the stove out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, but i don't know if it will actually come out that far, between the gas line having a finite length and the dishwasher probably being in the way. It would be a good thing to try though...

    ReplyDelete