Sunday, July 22, 2012

Doors and knobs (like bednobs and broomsticks only less magical)

Today I finished painting the other side of the shelves that Carol started yesterday. I didn't take a pic, but if you are interested, you can use your imagination (or photoshop) to mirror image the pic i put up yesterday, cause that's basically what it looks like.

Matt did an awesome job finishing all the cabinet faces and trim on the window while Mark and I went to menards to buy doors.

We ended up buying 6 custom doors and a security door to replace the current interior which leads to the porch.  (see the post 2 previous to this one for more). Set us back a pretty penny, but I think it will be worth it.

Included in the new doors, I got a pretty new door for the entrance to the stairs to match the french door we already have. I'm hoping the glass, which clearly shows the stairs, will reduce the frequency of people entering the master bed by accident, since the doors are right next to each other (you can just barely see the door jamb to the master at the very left of the pic below).


We also had to make a decision on the hardware to go with the doors and went with oiled-bronze for the hinges and an egg shape knob:
  
Which i think will go nicely with the hardware already in the upstairs and the "feel" of the house so far.  (of course I don't have pics of the upstairs doors, I mean, who takes pics of doors while touring a house? but I'll snap some tomorrow and put them up so you can see what I'm talking about :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment